* A leader in international youth exchange programmes with more than 70 years of experience
* long and short - term exchange programmes for 2.000 participants annually
* an international Federation of National Committees in 34 countries
* an international voluntary service programme promoting young people’s active and global citizenship
* an experience-based programme to enhance young people’s intercultural understanding and commitment to peace and justice
* an international network co-ordinated by national offices and dedicated co-workers, who provide volunteers with the necessary orientation, training and support
The International Cultural Youth Exchange (ICYE) is an international non-profit youth exchange organisation promoting youth mobility, intercultural learning and international voluntary service. ICYE organises long and short-term exchanges combining home stays with voluntary service in a variety of community service projects in more than 34 countries around the world.
ICYE-GHANA joined the ICYE Federation in 1978, the first in Africa.
ICYE-GHANA is registered as a non-profit organization with the country’s main body, The National Youth Organising Commission that oversees the running of youth programmes in the country. ICYE-GHANA is also listed with the Ministry of Social Welfare, a member of Ghana Private Voluntary Organisation in Development (GAPVOD) who serves as the umbrella for NGOs.
- Breaking through barriers between cultures and people.
- Justice for all persons who suffer from social, economic and personal injustice.
-To promote dialogue and contact between young people from all over the world.
- To develop the spirit of volunteerism among the youth.
- To enable individuals to exhibit and acquire skills from the outside world.
- To develop youth mobility tourism.