John William Montessori School
John William school was found by two strong couples in their home town at Tanoso, Kumasi, Ghana. with help from their children William and Kachina Randall.
They were inspired when her late American adopted mother, Muriel King Taylor, shared her desire to do something for the children of Ghana, offering them the chance of a good education and that how John William came about.
The School's mission is to provide a place where children can struggle gracefully without physical or emotional harm. It is also a place where children can rejoice and have fun together. To provide excellence in education and support to all children at the school so that they can learn, develop a strong pride, work hard, and lead good lives through academic achievement and responsible citizenship. This was their goal fo the children and their country Ghana .
To provide excellence in education and support to all children at the school so that they can learn, develop a strong pride, work hard, and lead good lives through academic achievement and responsible citizenship.
- Assist in teaching (e.g. ICT is highly welcome)
- Assist in taking care of the little ones
- Manage the school library
- Continue to create environmental awareness (encourage kids to use bins, collect rubber)
Volunteer requirements / Skills
- Interest in very young children
- caring nature, patience, tolerance
- ability to work as part of a team
- ICT knowledge is highly welcome (Teach ICT)
- good knowledge of the English language
- creative ideas for leisure activities for the kids
- interest and knowledge of Science (teach practical Science)
The school is in Tanoso, Kumasi, Ghana, West Africa
Kumasi, Asanti region
Hosting Situation (Board & Lodging)
The project would provide accommodation for the volunteers. This can be either host family or live in the project. Volunteers must also bear in mind that, they would be sharing room with other volunteer. The project in collaboration with ICYE GHANA will make provision for their feeding during Exchanges stay in Ghana.